You may not think the bathroom is as important as other rooms, but on average, you visit it five times a day and spend anywhere from 1-2 weeks in it per year! Bathrooms are second to kitchens in remodeling expenses, and we know how important it is to create an environment that calms and relaxes.
For those reasons, today Interior Decoration gives you a selection of modern trends for bathrooms. Find bathroom inspiration!
1. Always prefer the most innovative everyday objects for the bathroom. Find accessories with personality, while at the same time offering safety.
2. Over the past year or two, we’ve seen the significant growth of gold, brass and copper as accent metals on decor and furniture, and now it’s making its way into the other rooms of the house. We’re seeing everything from knob and handles to faucets and even shower heads moving in this direction. Trendy or not, we can’t help but love warming it up in the bathroom.
3. See you later, mirrored medicine cabinet! Hello, gorgeous mirror and storage cabinet with hanging pendants! Making the bathroom lighting not only more subtle and softer, it makes your bathroom feel more like a part of the rest of your home, allowing your personality to shine.
4. From wood walls to living walls, the bathroom is going back to nature. Modern bathrooms are going full out with entire walls featuring natural materials.
5. Wood-patterned, plank-style long rectangular porcelain tiles in a wonderful variety of colors and wood stain tones ranging from charcoal grey to the natural aged European hardwood look.
6. Toilets haven’t had a major redesign in many years, but it looks like we’re slowly making our way into a new era for toilet design. Newer toilets with a dual flush system continue our efforts in water conservation. It can help the average family of four reduce water use by thousands of gallons per year.
7. If the layout is not ample enough for a spacious shower and separate tub, then it is more common now to eliminate the tub and go with a more generous shower with great features, such as a ceiling mounted rain head and a bench.
8. If you want your bathroom to feel luxurious and spa-like, and have the storage to feel like it matched the quality of the marble you chose for the bathroom, find simple and elegant accessories, like the copper mugs below.
What do you think about these bathroom ideas?